FAO: Head Teacher, Business Manager and Bursar
CC: Chair of Governing Body
RE: Capital Maintenance Dual Funding Initiative 2019
Following the success of previous Dual Funding programmes I am pleased to launch the 2019 initiative. The application is available to all Community, Foundation and Voluntary Controlled schools (Voluntary Aided schools are subject to a separate funding process).
This is an opportunity for you to apply to the Local Authority for funding to assist with addressing key building condition priorities. This will be for new projects which have not yet started.
The project must address a condition priority that if not addressed has the potential to lead to full or partial school closure.
Please submit your completed Dual Funding Application (in Excel format) no later than 12th June 2019 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The appraisal and approval of applications will be subject to the full terms and conditions set out in the enclosed Conditions appendix.
The initial conditions for considering your application are as follows:
1. Schools are expected to meet at least 50% of the total project cost. Schools may be expected to make a greater contribution where they have significant surplus carry forward.
2. Mandatory Duty Holder Training - a key school staff member has a valid attendance certificate i.e. has attended the training within the past three years. If not, attendance at the next available session will be required.
3. You have an up to date Statutory Testing regime for equipment and plant along with the necessary plans for addressing any recommended remedial works, and have returned the latest mandatory declaration of compliance form.
4. You have an up to date Asbestos Management Plan and will provide a copy to the LA. If you require support with this, then please contact your Asset Management officer and arrange to attend the next available Asbestos Management training.
5. An up to date Fire Risk Assessment.
If you have any questions or require guidance with completing your application then please do not hesitate to contact the Education Infrastructure team via email to email@example.com or by telephone on 0121 303 8847.
We look forward to receiving your application and supporting you with capital maintenance priorities.
Head of Education Infrastructure