The Educational Psychology Service (EPS) provides professional psychological services for children, young people and families in a wide range of educational and community settings. They are a team of 50 HCPC Registered Educational Psychologists with multiple specialisms and, as such, they have up to date knowledge of psychological evidence-based theory and research. This enables them to develop an understanding of complex situations in order to support you to address a wide range of developmental issues from birth to early adulthood such as:
- Enhancing Teaching and Learning
- Complex Special Educational Needs
- Understanding and Managing Challenging Behaviour
- Organisational Change Management
- Early Years
- Adult Learning and Professional Development
- Assessment and Intervention with Young Adults (19-25)
- Parenting Support and Family work
As the primary provider of psychological services to Birmingham schools and early years settings, they are uniquely positioned to support your school community. They have well-established working relationships with the Local Authority, independent and third sector services and will always work in an integrated, child-centred way.
The Educational Psychology Service is the sole provider commissioned by Birmingham City Council to carry out statutory work in order to identify, assess and monitor children, young people and young adults with special educational needs.
Schools, early years settings and other educational establishments are able to purchase:
* an annual subscription package for a visiting Educational Psychologist. This service is available to all maintained settings, academies and free schools within the Birmingham Local Authority
* a wide range of training courses which can be strategic, whole-school interventions or research projects can be purchased as a bespoke package tailored to individual needs
* packages for subscription, training or any tailored bespoke commissions can be arranged for individual schools and settings or within a cluster or consortia of schools.
To discuss your individual requirements or a bespoke package, please contact the service either through your Visiting Educational Psychologist or by telephoning one of the three area bases:
Vauxhall Gardens (East Team) – 0121 303 1793
The Pines (North Team) – 0121 303 0100
Oakhill Centre (South and West Teams) – 0121 303 8288